Welcome to The Dock Bookshop!
Is Everyone Really Equal?: An Introduction to Key Concepts in Social Justice Education (Multicultural Education) (Paperback)
This is the new edition of the award-winning guide to social justice education.
Based on the authors' extensive experience in a range of settings in the United States and Canada, the book addresses the most common stumbling blocks to understanding social justice. This comprehensive resource includes new features such as a chapter on intersectionality and classism; discussion of contemporary activism (Black Lives Matter, Occupy, and Idle No More); material on White Settler societies and colonialism; pedagogical supports related to "common social patterns" and "vocabulary to practice using"; and extensive updates throughout.
Accessible to students from high school through graduate school, Is Everyone Really Equal? is a detailed and engaging textbook and professional development resource presenting the key concepts in social justice education. The text includes many user-friendly features, examples, and vignettes to not just define but illustrate the concepts.
- Definition Boxes that define key terms.
- Stop Boxes to remind readers of previously explained ideas.
- Perspective Check Boxes to draw attention to alternative standpoints.
- Discussion Questions and Extension Activities for using the book in a class, workshop, or study group.
- A Glossary of terms and guide to language use.