Checking in: How Getting Real about Depression Saved My Life-And Can Save Yours (Paperback)
"I need help."
Those three words saved Grammy Award-winning singer Michelle Williams's life. After decades of sweeping her anxiety and depression under the rug--even during her years in the spotlight with Destiny's Child--Michelle found herself planning her own funeral. Realizing that she needed immediate help and could no longer battle her anxiety and depression alone, she checked herself into a treatment facility. When she came home, she was energized and determined to check in on a regular basis with herself, God, and others.
Practical, engaging, and full of wisdom, Checking In helps us understand that
- building walls around our vulnerability can hinder our healing;
- we need to reject the lies of anxiety and depression and replace them with the truth of God's Word;
- joy can be found when we release toxic thought patterns;
- childhood wounds need to be healed;
- freedom can be found when we forgive ourselves and others; and
- a beautiful life comes from living honestly.
An uplifting, behind-the-scenes look at one woman's path to healing, Checking In reminds you that you are not alone, and that God is not yet finished writing your story.