Welcome to The Dock Bookshop!
The Everything Parent's Guide to Common Core ELA, Grades K-5: Understand the New English Standards to Help Your Child Learn and Succeed (Everything®) (Paperback)
Take the mystery out of Common Core ELA!
Designed to be a set of national educational standards, the Common Core has been adopted by 45 states across the nation. But if you're accustomed to traditional English courses, you may be having a hard time understanding what your kids are bringing home from school--and why.
With easy-to-understand examples, comprehension tips, and practice exercises, this complete guide help you understand:
- The reasoning behind the Common Core English Language Arts standards
- What your child will be learning at each grade level
- The types of books and passages your child will be reading
- The new requirements on nonfiction texts and the rationale behind them
- The focus on finding evidence and formulating arguments
About the Author
Felicia Durden, EdD, is an accomplished master teacher and a certified trainer for the Common Core ELA standard. She has trained more than 8,000 teachers in the K-5 ELA standards. Dr. Durden serves as the Assistant Director of Reading and Writing in a large urban school district in Arizona. She lives in Tempe, AZ.