The Everything Parent's Guide to Common Core Science Grades 6-8: Understand the New Science Standards to Help Your Child Learn and Succeed (Everything®) (Paperback)
Take the mystery out of middle-grade science!
The Common Core, a new set of national educational standards, has been adopted by 45 states across the nation. But if you learned about science the "old" way, you may be having a hard time understanding what your kids are bringing home from school--and why. With information on Next Generation Science Standards and practice exercises and experiments, you'll learn:
- The rationale behind Common Core standards
- The major scientific concepts your child will be learning at each grade level
- The new requirements for learning concepts and applying them in practical ways
- How the Next Generation Science Standards relate to the Common Core Math and English Language Arts standards
- How to help your child with homework and studying
About the Author
Laurie Bloomfield, MAT, is an accomplished teacher and curriculum writer with more than twenty-five years of experience in teaching, from prekindergarten through eighth grade. She uses her understanding of the Common Core standards, their purpose, and the most common hurdles students encounter to coach parents, giving them a clear understanding of how to best prepare their children for the new requirements. As a technology coordinator, she is actively involved in linking science and technology to curriculum and instruction throughout her school. Laurie provides online educational content at TeachersPayTeachers.com, DoItYourself.com, and WriterAccess.com.